[TxMt] Re-enable Filtered bundles

John Tsombakos tsom467 at gmail.com
Wed May 24 05:44:37 UTC 2006

On 5/24/06, Allan Odgaard <throw-away-1 at macromates.com> wrote:
> On 24/5/2006, at 7:15, John Tsombakos wrote:
>
> > One more question.. what's the preferred location for bundles?
> > /Library/Application Support... or ~/Library/Application Support....
> > (when doing a svn checkout?)
>
> When you edit bundles from within TextMate, it will save your changes
> to:
>     ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles
>
> That means, if you do a svn checkout directly to this location, you
> will edit the files from svn, and so, you may get merge conflicts and/
> or you will have a very hard time separating your custom (new) stuff
> from the stuff you checked out, e.g. if you want to zap the checkout
> (unless you are somewhat skilled with svn and the shell).

Ah. Ok. That makes sense. When I did make some changes, I did notice
some conflict files. I'll move it....

> Therefor I have recommended doing the checkout in /Library, as then
> it will stay untouched by TM, and any customizations done, are kept
> in ~/Library.
>
> Starting with r1019 it is however now possible to keep things in
>     ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Pristine Copy/Bundles

... Or should I?

So... is this where I would do the subversion checkout? Or still do
them into /Library? Should I move the (contents of the) TextMate
folder into this Pristine Copy folder?

Is the Pristine Copy folder just for Bundles, or for themes and the other items?

jt