[TxMt] exiting exec in TextMate Command

Anthony Underwood ants at theunderwoods.f2s.com
Mon May 22 22:47:04 UTC 2006

I have been trying to combine some tips in the thread on inserting an
image url and the thread on using filemerge for svn merge to
implement using filemerge using the diff bundle.

For this I am using the shell command

exec "/path/to/filemerge.app" -left $leftfile -right $rightfile

This opens filemerge but does not allow access to TextMate until you
quit file merge. Is there a way to allow the exec command to run in
the background so that filemerge opens and then allows access to
textmate to edit a file.

I am also using Alan's code to allow selection of one of the files
via a finder dialog box
leftfile=$(osascript -e 'tell app "SystemUIServer"' -e activate -e
'return POSIX path of (choose file with prompt "Pick an file:")' -e
'end tell').

This does not allow access to packages such as a .wdgt folder. Is
there a way to allow the finder dialog box to access a folder such as
this. This would also apply to a .app  folder.

Many thanks,

Anthony