[TxMt] Odd behavior with "Move Selection Line Up" and "Line Down"

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun May 21 15:37:48 UTC 2006

On 21/5/2006, at 13:40, Michael Henry wrote:

> [...] I like the way that many features in TextMate operate on the
> selected text when a selection is active, but fall back to some
> natural unit of text for the given operation when nothing is
> selected.  To me, the above-described line move operations seem to
> "line up" with this philosophy.

FYI the current behavior is not by design, but a side-effect of how
the things are implemented internally in TM.

Changing the internals is a to-do item, it’s something which affects
many things, so I am not just special-casing this one to get a quick
fix, as special casing it has the trade-off of duplicated code, and
many other things could just as well be picked to be special-cased,
like the increase/decrease indent [1], which is not ideal either.

[1] http://macromates.com/ticket/show?ticket_id=E8CE9780