[TxMt] primer on markdown & textmate / Rant

nachodog at mac.com nachodog at mac.com
Fri May 19 00:01:21 UTC 2006

On May 18, 2006, at 8:22 AM, Daniel Käsmayr wrote:

> Are you sure they really do that "envelope" concept on purpose?
>
> As I do not use Outlook or Windows: is there some form of
> cross-editing capability in Outlook which automatically sends .doc
> instead of the text? (Like a formatted text option, only as .doc)?

I think people use the envelope concept because it is fast and easy
for the sender.  When you finish writing the document, you save it
and then from a pulldown menu select "send document."  Your email
application opens up and you push send.

So, how can we make it easy to send text to another person?

Traditional
========
cmd+a
cmd+tab
cmd+v into mail program

Quicksilver
=========
cmd+a
send to  quicksilver + send

(limitations: you need quicksilver and everything in the body is
pasted in the subject)

Other thoughts?

Stephen