[TxMt] Smart typing question

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Wed May 17 00:48:31 UTC 2006

On May 16, 2006, at 7:34 PM, John Tsombakos wrote:

> On 5/16/06, Oscar Bonilla <ob at bitmover.com> wrote:
>> On May 16, 2006, at 5:04 PM, John Tsombakos wrote:
>>
>> > Am I missing some simple navigation? It's a simple thing that's
>> making
>> > my want to turn off Smart typing.
>>
>> What I usually do is hit Ctrl-e (go to end-of-line). Saves me n-1
>> keystrokes where n is the number of smart typed characters I entered.
>
> Hm. That'd work. As long as what I just typed is on the end of the
> line ;)
>
> If I typed td then did control - < to automatically enter the
> go to the very end. Oh well, I thought there may be a "jump out of the
> current "smart typing space" " keystroke that I missed :)

I use smart-typing more when I do something with a selection, like
select a word and type " to have it quoted, or to parenthesize
selection. Same with parentheses. But when just writing a new line I
just type over the characters, or press cmd-right arrow or something
like that.

Of course there's also the EOL+LF commands from the source bundle.
And the smart navigation commands with the impossible names that
people have written lately.

I guess it really depends where you want to go after having just
filled in. It's not necessarily the case that you want to move
forward, and if you don't need to move forward you've saved yourself
a keystroke.
> Thanks
>
> jt

Haris