[TxMt] Services menuitem

Paul McCann paul.mccann at adelaide.edu.au
Wed May 10 00:15:25 UTC 2006

Haris wrote...

> On May 9, 2006, at 12:39 PM, Egil Helland wrote:
>
>> With such a Services menuitem, I can just select some text that I
>> want to deal with, and send it to TextEdit right away, and
>> TextEdit does not need to wait for anything or anyone... Thats
>> what happens with BBEdit at least.
>
> So you are essentially looking for a shortcut for: "cmd-C, cmd-tab
> to textmate, cmd-N, cmd-V". Am I right?
> Perhaps an applescript could do that easily?

In the repository you'll find a nice OnMyCommand set written by FredB
that implements this and several other bits and pieces. I only found
it again by control clicking on some random text in Mail the other
day. To use it you require OnMyCommand (which includes OMCEdit, a
nice GUI way to view and create contextual menu items). See http://
free.abracode.com/cmworkshop/

Here's the list of contextual menu items  provided by FredB's plist
(taken from the accompanying README file). You can use any subset of
these that look, err, useful.

Cheers,
Paul
-Open in TextMate (pop it up on a file or folder)
-New TextMate file here (pop it up on a directory; if you pick a
file, it puts a new file in the same directory)

-New TextMate file here (alt)

(Same as Eric's version, except it creates the file first (with a
dialog asking you for a name) then opens it (with open-a instead of
mate).
That means: The language/Syntax-Highlight is selected according to
the file extension If a file with the same name already exists in the
directory, it opens it without any change)

-New TextMate file here with Clipboard text (Same as above, but
include the text in the Clipboard, if any.)
-Open selected text in TextMate
-Set type and creator to TextMate
-Edit OMC commands in TextMate
-List folder content in TextMate