[TxMt] Re: YAML Folding Markers

Benjamin Jackson ben at incomumdesign.com
Fri May 5 23:42:00 UTC 2006

 > I'm observing some strange behaviour with the YAML folding markers:
 > the folding stop marker does not appear when there is some whitespace
 > on the closing line this despite of the regex matching \s*. It works
 > fine if the line is completely empty, however.

I haven't found a way around this. The problem is that if you have
nested folds:

         key: "value"
         another_key:
             yet_another_key: "another_value"

It needs to choose one to fold to. In order for this to work it
matches the indent levels of the start and stop lines.

 > I also thought it helpful to add [^#] after the initial ^ in the
 > folding start marker regexp so that comments containing words
 > followed by colons do not appear as folding markers (as with the
 > default database.yml that Rails 1.1.2 generates).

Just added it to the repo now.
Ben Jackson
Diretor de Desenvolvimento

+55 (21) 2256-1022