[TxMt] Changing Open File Name is Not Reflected in TextMate

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri May 5 21:10:41 UTC 2006

On 5/5/2006, at 22:47, Timothy Bates wrote:

> [...] On the cocoa-carbon issue, I note that subethaedit handles
> file moves and renames transparently, and i am pretty sure it is
> cocoa. Perhaps they went to the trouble of using the carbon
> wrappers under cocoa, but perhaps there is another way to get this
> feature, which exists already?

NSDocument do use aliases. So any Cocoa application basing its MDI on
that, should get them -- that said, it’s not a problem to call Carbon
stuff from Cocoa, but when I started programming on Mac, I rarely
looked outside Cocoa, nor was I, as a non-Classic user, really
familiar with aliases, so such feature did not seem “lacking” to me,
on the contrary actually, as when I did switch to Mac, they had
aliases use the inode over the file path, which often meant that
programs used the wrong files (those in the trash).