[TxMt] Re: overwriting opening tag doesn't mirror on the closing tag.

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed May 3 11:58:16 UTC 2006

On 3/5/2006, at 13:35, Theorik wrote:

>> What's so hard about changing a keybinding or two???
>> e.g. I changed cmd + [ to cmd + (, etc.

For the records, TextMate actually offer option-tab and option-shift-
tab as out-of-the-box alternatives to cmd-[, and cmd-] (because the
keys are so awkward on most European keyboard layouts).

> [...] maybe he has other ideas on how I should work, too.

Oh, I indeed have _many_ ideas about how people should work. Every
single feature in TextMate (or lack of same) is representative of my
idea about how _you_ should work!

> [...] but maybe the idea that people shouln't be able to shadow Alt
> bindings was just as arrogant as I thought it was to shadow Alt
> bindings in "standard" bundles.  Sorry.)

No TextMate function should by default be placed solely on alt
(option) + key. If you do encounter such bindings, let me know.

As for the cmd-option-\ that you have mentioned, not really sure if
you are just using that as an example of an unreachable key?

On the US keymap, btw, cmd-option-\ is toggle smoothing when in zoom
mode (that is, an Apple defined key). This key is however not tied to
the actual character on the key, as with the danish keymap, the key
becomes cmd-option-', which coincidentally is “Decrease Quote Level”
in Mail (and TextMate as well), making that function unavailable (via
the keyboard) when in zoom mode.