[TxMt] Re: overwriting opening tag doesn't mirror on the closing tag.

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed May 3 09:14:44 UTC 2006

On 3/5/2006, at 10:57, Erwan David wrote:

>> [...]
>> Of course I know some perceive this almost as saying “boot into
>> Windows” :p
> But my powerbook was sold with a french keyboard, and I also need some
> strange characters like éèà...

I myself need æøå / ÆØÅ and sometimes é.

I have just learned the option-keys for these (and dead keys for the
accented characters). I write far less danish prose than I write
code, so this is an overall gain. And it’s definitely easier to press
option-a for å then it is to press opt-shift 7, 8, 9 for \, {, }
respectively, or even cmd-opt-shift 8/9 for previous/next tab in
Safari ;)

I actually ordered an international keyboard by accident, but as they
say, there are no accidents -- I was already pretty fed up with the
danish layout at the time, and I knew that DHH was a proponent for
the US keymap (he’s also a Dane), so it was certainly a good mistake
I made ordering that keyboard.