[TxMt] Re: overwriting opening tag doesn't mirror on the closing tag.

Jacob Rus jrus at fas.harvard.edu
Wed May 3 06:18:20 UTC 2006

Eric O'Brien wrote:
> That's a critical bit of info.  Once you move the insertion point
> outside of the enclosing angle brackets, the "mirroring magic" will be
> permanently gone.  Although its not visible, the editor (or perhaps the
> text in question) is in a special state when it's first created by the
> "^-<" keystroke.

Speaking of which, maybe could maybe be some sort of indication when in
one of the placeholders of a snippet.  It's sometimes hard to tell when
you can shift-tab back and when you can't.

Also, I quite often use undo when I'm in a snippet, and find myself
knocked out of the snippet state.  A request: undo shouldn't take me out
of snippet mode.  It's disorienting and sometimes necessitates going
further so I can start the snippet over again.

-Jacob