[TxMt] snippet naming convention

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue May 2 21:36:10 UTC 2006

On 2/5/2006, at 21:10, Aparajita Fishman wrote:

> Just for the record, what is the "official" convention for naming
> snippets?

 From http://anon:anon@macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Conventions.txt:

    Name the snippet after what it inserts, using “..” for
    placeholders and put the (potential) tab-trigger in
    parentheses. If it inserts a lot, either name it after
    the start of what's inserted, or find a descriptive
    name for what it inserts.

> For example, I have a snippet like this:
>
> array date(${1:\$array}; 0)
> set array($1; ${2:date})
>
> What should the associated snipped be named?

uhm… what is it? an array named date? or a date as an array? ;)