[TxMt] FileMerge revisited

Trevor Harmon trevor at vocaro.com
Tue May 2 05:39:23 UTC 2006

On Apr 27, 2006, at 10:35 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

>> [...] The problem, though, is that TextMate is hard-coded for diff
>> [...]
>
> That’s intentional, since some user had his svn diff set to
> something generating tty coloring of the diff output, useful in
> Terminal, but not TextMate.

Okay, I think I've come up with a solution that will make everyone
happy. My version of svn_diff now works like this:

If a custom diff is specified in ~/.subversion/config, and the
TM_SVN_DIFF_CMD variable is not set, TextMate will use the custom
diff (and assume it's a GUI app). Otherwise, if the TM_SVN_DIFF_CMD
variable is set, TextMate will use that instead (and assume it's a
console app). And if not, it will force svn to use plain old diff.

So, all the cases are handled. The guy who needed to override his
custom Subversion diff command for TextMate can do so; those who
simply want TextMate to use their graphical diff command (specified
in Subversion's config file) will see that happen automatically. And
as before, those who haven't specified a custom command won't see any
difference in the way TextMate does diffs.

I'd like to submit the patch to the repo, but I don't have commit
rights. Can someone take a look at this and approve it for me?

Trevor