[TxMt] Subversion and Merging?

Eric Coleman eric at aplosmedia.com
Mon May 1 17:48:21 UTC 2006

I know this doesn't belong here, but Im looking for some quick
information:

I have the following structure:

branches/
tags/
trunk/

In my repository. Inside trunk is version 1 of our application. I
want to start on 1.1 which is actually a major rewrite of almost
everything.

So I create a 1.1 branch. and remove all files in the branch

Now, when I'm finished with the 1.1 branch, how do I merge it into
trunk? can/do I just remove everything in trunk and merge the branch
stuff down? The entire file structure is changing for version 1.1

Any insight would be appreciated :)

Eric Coleman