[TxMt] Re: Bundles: R; LaTeX deep include parsing

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Mon May 1 14:54:44 UTC 2006

On May 1, 2006, at 9:22 AM, Theorik wrote:

> This would mean generating an
> "HTML" window from where you can access Sections etc? It sounds like
> an interesting first try at customising TextMate...

Exactly how it would work, yes. The command would have output set to
HTML, and would generate a list of links with hrefs of the form
txmt://open.....
The other approach would be to create a plugin like tmcodebrowser,
that has a nice floating window out there, and models what
tmcodebrowser is doing, but doing a manual parse instead of using ctags.

> From what I read in the manual, it does not seem to be possible to
> include this into the regular symbol list, as there seems no way of
> executing commands there – so the only possibility I see would be
> extending the grammar to recognise certain comments and provide a
> command for generating these comments (which would be generated by
> recursively parsing the includes etc.). Am I right there ? (And this
> sounds like an awful hack, doesn't it?)

The grammar already recognizes certain comments and adds them to the
symbols list, namely "TeXshop style" comments starting with %:
So:
%: hello
should add "hello" in the symbols list.
The impossible task in this case is to have those symbols link to
other files, ASAICT.

Btw, I don't know who is maintaining the R bundle, but I was planning
to work a lot on it during the summer, so I will add proper handling
of comments at that point, again if noone beats me to it.

Haris