[TxMt] A Static Gutter?

Sean Schertell sean at datafly.net
Mon May 1 05:44:57 UTC 2006

I too would really love to see the drawer not pop-up on seemingly
random sides of interface -- I know it's not actually random but it
still sucks (what was Apple thinking?).

On that same note, it sure would be nice if the drawer worked more
like Mail, iTunes, Yojimbo, skEdit and many other sweeet Cocoa apps
that let you resize the drawer by dragging its dividing line rather
than its edge.  For example in iTunes, if I can't see the full name
of the playlist, I can just drag the line inward a bit, read the
thing that was truncated, then move the line back.  Done.  In TM if I
need to make the drawer wider, I have to start by dragging the entire
application window to make room for the drawer to open wider.  Not a
huge deal, but definitely detracts from the overall usability and
slickness of TM.

</my 2 cents>

Also, just out of curiosity... Does anyone out there actually use the
drawer on the right side of the app window?

Sean