[TxMt] Re: CocoaDialog stalls with stdin

Jacob Rus jrus at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Mar 30 22:02:59 UTC 2006

Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
> On Mar 30, 2006, at 3:25 PM, Jacob Rus wrote:
>> This is one of the few things I really dislike about Mail.app.  As far
>> as I know, there is open-source threading code that works almost
>> perfectly and is free for any use.
>
> I don't know if it was intentional, but your reply broke the threading
> for me now. :)
> Do you have some reference for this code you mention?

Hopefully this won't break your threading again :/.  It's possible that
it has something to do with me sending this to the gmane newsgroup
instead of straight to the mailing list.

One good algorithm is described here:

http://www.jwz.org/doc/threading.html

I believe there are several open-source implementations of this
algorithm, but it wouldn't be too hard for Apple to write one.

-Jacob