[TxMt] Re: CocoaDialog stalls with stdin

Jacob Rus jrus at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Mar 30 21:25:37 UTC 2006

Allan Odgaard wrote:
>>> It actually didn't mess it up on my system (Mail.app Version 2.0.5
>>> (746/746.2)). His reply to your reply shows up in the same thread as
>>> both of your replies.
>> Doesn't Mail.app use the In-Reply-To and References email headers to
>> organize threads?
> I think Mail mainly groups based on subjects, spiced with some fuzzy
> logic, as threading seems to differ slightly from machine to machine --
> and it’s really grouping, not threading… :/

This is one of the few things I really dislike about Mail.app.  As far
as I know, there is open-source threading code that works almost
perfectly and is free for any use.  For the most part, I just turn
Mail.app's threading off now, which is too bad, because threading is
really useful when it's done right.