[TxMt] PropertyList Bundle keeps getting lost

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Mar 29 20:42:39 UTC 2006

On 29/3/2006, at 22:27, Daniel Käsmayr wrote:

> I am curious: the PropertyList bundle keeps getting lost on my
> system. No apparent reason why. A svn update does not tell me about
> any changes; it is still installed - yet the bundle editor does not
> list it in its filters list. I have to install it into ~/Library/
> Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/ else it will not be listed at
> all?! odd.

Could you try to see if TM has registered a bundle as deleted by
running:

    defaults read com.macromates.textmate OakBundleManagerDeletedBundles

The default bundles (which the PropList bundle is) can’t really be
deleted, so TM records that in the preferences instead. But if it
sees a deleted bundle in ~/Library, it should “undelete” it, as it
would appear the user re-installed it.

But since this is code which practically never gets executed, I won’t
rule out it’s bugy, in that (as it sounds) only undeletes it on first
run, but then it’s deleted again later.

To reset the state of default bundles marked as deleted, simply
execute (while TM is not running):

    defaults delete com.macromates.textmate
OakBundleManagerDeletedBundles