[TxMt] MultiMarkdown in TextMate

Mark Eli Kalderon m.kalderon at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Mar 28 23:28:28 UTC 2006

Apologies in advance if the answer to my query is blindingly
obvious---I am a UNIX newbie.

I am trying to implement Fletcher Penney's variant of Markdown,
MultiMarkdown (http://fletcher.freeshell.org/wiki/MultiMarkdown), as
a TextMate bundle. The basic idea is to convert a Markdown document
into a full xhtml document and then to use xslt to convert it into
different formats such as LaTeX.

I have written TextMate commands for each step of the process, and it
all works fine, but I would also like to add commands that string
these steps together. But there is a problem. For example, while the
following two TextMate commands work:

Save: Nothing
Command(s):	#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/bin/MultiMarkdown.pl "$TM_FILEPATH"
Input:	 None
Output:	 Create New Document

Save: Nothing
Command(s):	#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/xsltproc -nonet -novalid /usr/local/bin/xhtml2article.xslt
"$TM_FILEPATH"
Input:	 None
Output:	 Create New Document

the following fails---it generates an empty file:

Save: Nothing
Command(s):	#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/bin/MultiMarkdown.pl "$TM_FILEPATH" | /usr/bin/xsltproc -
nonet -novalid /usr/local/bin/xhtml2article.xslt
Input:	 None
Output:	 Create New Document

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

All the best, Mark