[TxMt] Huge files in Textmate ( ***long*** )

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Mar 28 12:36:42 UTC 2006

On 28/3/2006, at 4:28, Tom Lazar wrote:

> [...] however, most of the files i work with perform just fine and
> i'd rather wait for performance improvements while enjoying all of
> the luxuries that TM has to offer in the mean time than vice versa ;-)

Glad to hear someone express this view -- perfect is the enemy of the
good, meaning that should I have made everything perfect, TM would
have never shipped.

Handling 500 MB files, while certainly a long-term goal, was not a
concern when I had to decide on what features was necessary to bring
TM to marked.