[TxMt] Huge files in Textmate ( ***long*** )

Dan Keen dkeen at apple.com
Tue Mar 28 02:34:26 UTC 2006

On Mar 27, 2006, at 6:28 PM, Tom Lazar wrote:

> i did. and thanks for bringing up the subject. i'm very interested
> myself... you've clearly put the finger on the wound here... I
> often experience similar behaviour with much smaller files (xml
> files with ca 10.000 lines of code that bring my dualcore imac to a
> grind...)

Likewise, I have serious issues with huge project files - once I do a
"Find in project" TM gobbles up huge amounts of RAM and doesn't let
it go, even after closing the project... until I quit.  My computer
is no slouch for ram (4G), but when you have multiple projects open
where each is about 100k LOC, it chokes down fast :(