[TxMt] Help: Keyboard shortcuts & "Edit In TextMate"

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Sat Mar 25 15:21:13 UTC 2006

On Mar 25, 2006, at 8:47 AM, Daniel Käsmayr wrote:

> Dear TMaters,
>
> I am experiencing weird problems with TextMate not recognizing some
> keyboard shortcuts from bundles (i.e. the LaTeX bundle) containing
> the escape-key. I can get the completion when pressing esc - but
> all the other commands working with esc and a modifier key do not
> work at all. If I am lucky I get a beep; selecting the macros I
> need by hand from the bundle-macro-menu works as intended… any ideas?

First thing to do is open Console.app and see if there are any
messages there.

Can you be more specific what commands in particular you are having
problems with, what the current couple of lines of code are, where
your cursor is and what the current scope is? (ctrl-shift-p for this
last one).
Most of the completion commands are supposed to work only on
particular scopes, i.e. label completion only works when inside \ref
{} etc. But of course when you call them directly they will be forced
to run.

Also, are you using a subversion checkout of the bundle, and if so
have you made sure to update both the bundle and the global support
directory, usually found under Library/Application Support/TextMate/

Haris