[TxMt] Language Grammer, parsing en external file - LaTeX; extending "standard bundles"

Daniel Käsmayr 321r7db02 at sneakemail.com
Sat Mar 25 13:08:37 UTC 2006

Dear TMaters,

Is there a way to parse an external file, say within my project, and
possibly defined by a project environment variable - to add certain
terms to my Language Grammar? This would be very useful for LaTeX
projects where you have different custom macros and/or different used
packages where you want some hi-lighting in your theme and thus have
to change the grammar file for all those changes. Better would be a
macro/script/whatever that would just scan the preamble.tex or so for
all my \newcommands and add them to the recognized scopes...

Or, less fun but still useful: one could write a file with certain
terms that need a new scope - and parse that from within the bundle.
I guess maybe this is overkill, but it seems to me that LaTeX is one
of the more customizable languages out there - and I at least would
love some more power-tools and flexibility on my fingertips *without*
running to write new regexp's every time (but then I am not familiar
enough with regexps to do so easily - maybe that will need to change).

What exactly IS the most useful way and best way in regards to
updating "official" bundles via svn to make customized bundles? How
can I make sure that I can still take advantages of "official"
changes that come via svn but still retain my customizations? (And
possibly be informed if there are conflicts - i.e. if there are
changes in a bundle where I have changes as well…?).

…Dan