[TxMt] Text width control

Afternoon afternoon at uk2.net
Fri Mar 24 15:30:49 UTC 2006

Great, thanks. That works and I think I can find my way to
customising it, writing commands to join lines back together after
editing and such.

What's the performance impact here, does TextMate create a new
instance of sh every time I hit space?

The ideal case for me, and this would be surpassing raw Vim (as in
without a script) here, would be that TextMate could detect "linked"
lines in scopes and reflow them dynamically, so deleting characters
from a long line would allow words from the surrogate lines to return
to the first line, and typing characters on an intermediate line
would reflow the block. Am I right in thinking this would be
impossible to do transparently in a command because it's not possible
to infer the block that needs to be reflowed? Once the block was
identified you could just pass it to a script relatively easily.

On 24 Mar 2006, at 15:02, Allan Odgaard wrote:

>    if [[ $TM_COLUMN_NUMBER -gt 78 ]]
>      then echo -ne '\n\t\t'
>      else echo -ne ' '
>    fi

We're cycling through Cambodia to raise money for Oxfam, help us
raise £5,200!
http://cambodiachallenge.org/