[TxMt] binding f3 to close window...

Jeroen van der Ham jeroen at je-ju.net
Wed Mar 22 13:10:17 UTC 2006

Fons Rademakers wrote:
> For historical reasons I would like to bind f3 to "close window"
> command. I tried to record a macro, but as soon as I hit apple-w, the
> window obviously closes but also the macro recording does abort. It
> would be simple if I could just add in the bundle editor a macro doing
> "closeWindow" (I assume that is the name of the command).

I have no idea whether this is possible, my initial guess would be that
it is pretty hard, because it is probably a system call.

It is probably easier to use OS X' ability to bind keys to menu actions
either globally or for a specific application, see System Preferences,
Keyboard & Mouse, Keyboard Shortcuts.

Jeroen.