[TxMt] Little bit OT: regexp and javascript

Geir-Tore Lindsve lindsve at bluezone.no
Wed Mar 22 08:00:52 UTC 2006

Hi,

This is a bit off-topic for this list, I know, but since I know there
are a lot of highly competent people on this I'll give it a try...

I'm currently trying to figure out how to use regexp + javascript to
parse the content of a web page. What I want to do is collect weather
data from a Norwegian website and include it in a dashboard widget.

Here is the site with an example search:

	http://tux.aftenposten.no/weathersearch/weathersearch.do?
name=levanger&sok=limnor

I tried to copy the source into TextMate and use the regexp search in
TM to figure out the patterns to use, but I can't seem to solve it.
Any help are appreciated.

As far as I can see, the weather data for a particular day are
enclosed by <tr><td class="idag" ... </tr>, but there is a lot of
space around the tags, which I presume must be included in the regexp
patterns.

Anyone here which could kick me in the right direction when it comes
to these patterns?
--
Mvh/Regards
Geir-Tore Lindsve