[TxMt] saving without trailing spaces and tabs...

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Tue Mar 21 20:09:31 UTC 2006

On Mar 21, 2006, at 1:48 PM, Domenico Carbotta wrote:

>> Actually, all you have to do is open "Text/Remove Trailing Spaces"
>> in the bundle editor, set its "save:" option to "current file",
>> and assign it the key equivalent F3 by clicking on the text field
>> next to "key equivalent" and pressing F3.
>
> this way you save the contents of the file BEFORE triggering the
> command.
> you need to create the empty command and then enqueue "remove
> trailing spaces" and said empty command in a macro.

duh! I stand corrected. I've spent too much time away from messing
with TextMate's bundles :). Ok then, the steps would be:
Create a new blank command with sole setting that the "save:" option
is set to current file. You may delete the command once the macro is
created. Then you basically follow the steps as outlined by Domenico
earlier:

automation -> start macro recording
Text/remove trailing spaces
your new blank command that saves things
automation -> stop macro recording
automation -> save scratch macro
Choose name for macro, and set its key equivalent to F3. Move it to
your favorite location. As Domenico suggested, you might want to set
the scope to "source" or even something more specific, depending on
what you want it for.

Haris