[TxMt] too much space in pasting?

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Thu Mar 16 02:24:12 UTC 2006

On Mar 15, 2006, at 7:06 PM, Kearney Buskirk wrote:

> Hello Folks
>
> I've gone to the screencast page and tried to play most of the
> movies. I get no sound from those movies. (QT7.0, 10.4.4 here, fast
> cable connection on G5 dual 2.3, 2 gigs of RAM.) Looking at them,
> they seem to be much more about Python or Ruby than about TextMate.

Download them directly:
http://macromates.com/screencast/python_part_1.mov
and three more here:
http://skiadas.dcostanet.net/afterthought/category/mac-os-x/textmate/
They should play just fine, I have a much weaker system than that.
The screencasts tend of course to focus on whatever language the
person doing them is using, but they often demonstrate things that
you can use more generally, for instance columnar typing.

I admit it would be nice if we had some screencasts in how to use
TextMate for HTML editing, in particular related to the live preview
feature. It's just a question of someone doing them really.

What I would recommend though is simply opening the HTML bundle in
the bundle editor and seeing what each command/snippet/macro does.
That will teach you a lot more about what TM can do than any
screencast. And you can always ask in this list and in the irc
channel if you have any questions.

> Kearney Buskirk

Haris