[TxMt] problem with generic complete in latex bundle

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Thu Mar 9 15:08:40 UTC 2006

On Mar 9, 2006, at 9:03 AM, Jeffrey Hau wrote:

> Hi,
> I have just installed the latest version,
>
> my test file is
>
> \lable{test-lable
> \ref{}
>
> when i tried the "enhanced insert label.." (option esc) nothing
> happens, if i tried pressing just esc (with \ref{te} ), then i get
> the following error inserted
>
> \ref{tein/bash: line 1: /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/
> SharedSupport/Support/bin/LatexLabelCompletions.rb: No such file or
> directory}

I'm terribly sorry, I forgot to mention: You need to also update from
the repository the directory TextMate/Support
This is the global support directory, and inside its bin subdirectory
contains the LatexLabelCompletions.rb script, along with a couple
more scripts necessary for these completions. For some technical
reasons, these files could not have been put inside the LaTeX bundle.

> when i tried the enhanced insert label for \cite, 2 options come
> up: BibDeskCompletion and Bibliography Completion, but when i click
> on them, neither works (nothing happens, like for \ref), and I have
> set the TM_LATEX_BIB variable.

These should work once you update the support directory. Let me know
if they still don't.

> many thanks for your help
>
> Jeff

Haris