[TxMt] LaTeX section snippets: special chars don't get escaped in label

Oliver Hagmann lists at interdisco.net
Wed Mar 8 16:33:44 UTC 2006

Hi

Here's a question for the latex pro's: Do you know if special
characters like german umlauts are allowed in labels? e.g.:

\section{Mein grünes Apfelbäumchen}
\label{mein_grünes_apfelbäumchen}

It works when typesetting the document. I just wanted to know if this
is valid code. Because if _not_ then it would be nice, if these would
be escaped automagically when using the section, subsection and
subsubsection snippets. E.g.:

\section{Mein grünes Apfelbäumchen}
\label{mein_gruenes_apfelbaeumchen}

If it's easier to accomplish, you could also just escape a for ä, u
for ü, and o for ö, etc.

Another nice enhancement would be if the \section and \label commands
would each be on a seperate line. I just asked about the oppinions on
this in the irc channel and I got at least one more vote for this ;-)

Cheers. Oliver