[TxMt] Arrow behavior with selected text--bug?

Dr. Drang drdrang at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 23:17:41 UTC 2006

When I select a word by double-clicking on it and then hit either the
left or right arrow key, I expect the word to be deselected and the
caret to end up at the start or end of the word. This isn't what TM
[Version 1.5 (906)] is doing for me now, and its breaking a macro I'm
trying to create.

It appears that hitting an arrow key with text selected by double-
clicking puts the caret one character to the left or right of where
the double-click happened. No other current Mac program that I use
does this, nor can I remember any other Mac program ever behaving
this way (going back to 1985). So, unless I've inadvertently changed
some setting to start this behavior, I would call this a bug.

FYI, the arrow keys work as expected when the selection is made by
swiping or shift-clicking.

--
Dr. Drang