[TxMt] Spell checking when you type in Ruby

Dave Baldwin dave.baldwin at 3dlabs.com
Fri Mar 3 18:22:44 UTC 2006

On 3 Mar 2006, at 17:37, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 3/3/2006, at 18:23, Dave Baldwin wrote:
>
>> Spell checking as you type seems to work for strings but not
>> comments as the manual seems to indicate.  Also does the same
>> think in C++.  Is this a genuine bug or have I screwed my setup?
>
> The manual is wrong. We/I tried to have spelling enabled in
> comments, but since a lot of comments are actually commented out
> code, it got irritating.

That's a shame - it would be an acceptable irritation to me.  If you
care you could always use =begin =end in Ruby or ## to comment out
code that doesn't need to be spell checked.  As an aside this would
be a good convention when command / is used to comment/uncomment code
to avoid removing genuine comments when the code is later uncommented.

Just an observation :-) In Ruby you can but code in strings so
doesn't this irritate you?