[TxMt] Screenwriting bundle 2.0

Oliver Taylor ollieman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 10:42:18 UTC 2006

I've released version 2 of my screenwriting bundle.

release: http://ollieman.net/words/2006/03/
screenwriting_with_textmate_20.php
bundle: http://ollieman.net/code/screenwriting/textmate/

---

I've tried to document it into the ground, which is the reason there
are so many instructional videos. (I hope you finally understand what
I'm doing, Haris)

 From the release:

> It may seem oblique that the reason I learned the first bit of CSS
> and XHTML I did was because late one night I was pissed off at
> Final Draft for crashing for the 3rd time in a row. I was convinced
> that there had to be a better way, that there had to be a way to
> write screenplays that didn’t hurt. I don’t remember why this
> propelled me to CSS, but it did.
>
> Well, I can now firmly say that I have found a way of writing
> screenplays that doesn’t hurt. Never-mind that I had to build it
> myself, never-mind that the process took me over a year. I’ve found
> it.

I'd like to take a second and thank all of you for helping me with
this. It's an amazing thing that I've managed to build for myself (at
least) an end-to-end solution for writing screenplays that I actually
enjoy using. And no small part of that is due to the users of this
list, you have made this a learning experience that has resulted in a
useful tool.

It's not just that TextMate is my new favorite app. It's that I feel
as though Allan and the community around TextMate are genuinely
working together to advance the quality of our collective writing
environments; it's not just features and buttons, it's progress. And
for that, I cannot thank you enough.

-- 	oliver
	ollieman.net