[TxMt] Growl instead of tool tips

Domenico Carbotta domenico.carbotta at fastwebnet.it
Thu Mar 2 22:59:33 UTC 2006

> You just pwn3d domenico! :p

duane is from canada.
canadians are allowed to pwn me since they live in my dream nation =)
take the states, add a welfare system, subtract dubya... w00t!!!

> But I am a little unsure for what people want Growl notifications,
> instead of TextMate. I understand that TM’s tool tips currently
> have lower usability, but Growl to me seems like on screen displays
> for notifying about background tasks

I think they'd mainly be useful for tasks like version control and
builds. However I'm +0 on these, since a smarter tooltip system could
come handy for other tasks -- and I'd prefer al to work on more
important stuff, like indentation-based folding and chunk undo [1].

D.

[1] sorry al, I couldn't resist.