[TxMt] tm & symfony

Michael Sheets mummer at whitefalls.org
Thu Mar 2 01:09:56 UTC 2006

> I am starting to work with Symforny -- a php5 framework. I have a tm
> project for my sf project, but have discovered that the existence  of
> the ._files is interfering with the execution of the symfony command
> (ie it sees ._schema..xml as "empty" and does not use the correct
> schema.xml file).
>
> I found 19.4 in  the manual, and I want to know if that is my only
> option -- I would rather not sacrifice metadata.

Not really any way around that, at least for editing files directly
like that. Though it would be nice to have a new halfway pref, where
it would save metadata only if it didn't require a file.

The best way around the issue entirely would be to use subversion or
similar to manage the project, or you could use some sort of
mirroring software to keep a local and remote copy in sync. Either
one should ignore the metadata when it transfers.