[TxMt] OT: Major search/replace in a code repository

Egil Helland egil at egil.net
Fri Jun 30 21:56:12 UTC 2006

Ok, this is off topic, but since most of you are coders, and some
probably have done this already (and kept their scripts), I was
wondering if someone of you have a script that does the following
(perl og php preferably):

1. Reads stringparts to be replaced from one file, one string is one
line
2. Traverses a file hierarchy and does a regexp with the stringpart
as the search argument
3. Writes changes back to the files, preferably with a log for
changed files

If you have anything similar, please drop me a line or reply so I
don't have to reinvent the wheel here :)

Cheers,

Egil

--
egil helland / it consultant (mcse, web technology)
web: ikon.as / egil.net        mob: +47-91315555