[TxMt] 'show matching paren' a la emacs?

Steve Lianoglou lists at arachnedesign.net
Thu Jun 29 01:39:18 UTC 2006

> I am trying to figure out how to do an emacs-like highlighting of
> the match of a paired character such as a paren.  I feel sure it
> must be supported in TextMate but somehow I just can't run it down
> in the documentation.  Is there a way to do this?

When I want to this, I'm settling for putting my cursor just inside
the parenthesis that I want to match and hit Cmd-shift-B. This
highlights the "span" that this parenthesis delineates. At that point
I can hit right-arrow to hop to end paren, or left-arrow to hop to
the first.

Hmm .. now that I think of it that way, you should probably be able
to record that process as a macro and assign either one to your
favorite keystroke.

Hah ... I'm gonna do that now ...

Thanks,
-steve