[TxMt] 'show matching paren' a la emacs?

A J amy.j.dala at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 00:32:00 UTC 2006

hi,

I am trying to figure out how to do an emacs-like highlighting of the match
of a paired character such as a paren.  I feel sure it must be supported in
TextMate but somehow I just can't run it down in the documentation.  Is
there a way to do this?

[I am aware that things can be configured so that there is a brief flash on
the opening paren when the cursor moves over the closing paren, but I am
looking for a way to indicate the match more obviously and less
transiently.  Also, the flash only seems to occur when the cursor is on the
closing paren, not the opening one, and I want to be able to find the match
in both directions].