[TxMt] Accented Characters (HTML) in TextMate

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Jun 27 14:32:09 UTC 2006

On 27/6/2006, at 14:55, Dan Sauve wrote:

> - I changed the "File Encoding" setting from UTF8 (TextMate
> default) to Latin 1 (Dreamweaver default). No dice.

This would change the default encoding, if you changed it in
preferences. Either check the box below the pop-up (“use for existing
files as well”) or change the encoding in the Save As dialog.

> - I checked my HTTP headers on the server side and all appears to
> be okay.

How exactly did the headers look? If you want to use UTF-8 on the
site, which I strongly recommend, then it needs to be:

> - I checked my XHTML meta tags and they're good too!

Those are ignored by browsers when the content is fetched over http.