[TxMt] How Long Must We Wait for CVS Support?

Court K. lists at courtkizer.com
Tue Jun 27 04:46:28 UTC 2006

You really think I'm going to convince entire fortune 500 companies
to just switch to subversion? Why not implement cvs? My guess is the
reason subversion support sprung up so fast was because it was easier
to code. More companies use CVS. Yes, subversion is much nicer,
however when dealing with 99% of the companies (if you consult) you
will be using a CVS server. Rather than changing every existing
company over to subversion, why not support something that is already
the standard for version control? That's like saying Mozilla Firefox
is superior to Internet Explorer and I should just force every
company I consult for, and all their client base to switch to
Firefox. It won't work like that. I like subversion too, but in
consulting with hundreds of companies I've only found one that
actually used subversion.