[TxMt] Reformat Paragraph keybinding inserts spaces, instead

Jonathan Ragan-Kelley katokop1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 04:16:48 UTC 2006

When I press ^q in all modes I've tried (C++, Plain Text, Markdown,
...), I first get nothing.  Then, on the second press, my selection is
obliterated and a space inserted.  If I try this with no selection, I
consistently observe that the only ^q-related binding seems to be
something like: ^q ^q --> insertSpace.  (The menu command works, and
is labeled, as expected.)

However, there are no references to "q" with any modifier anywhere in
any of my keybindings files, so far as I can tell.

I've spent months unable to use ^q for Reformat Paragraph, and always
assumed it was a stray keybinding on my aging OS install.  I've since
gone back and rebuilt my profile from scratch on a new machine, with a
totally fresh bundles checkout and I carefully moved a select few
keybindings.  Unfortunately, I failed to do it slowly enough to notice
when ^q ceased functioning.

Has anyone else observed this?  Clearly something or someone,
somewhere has jacked ^q without my knowledge, but I can't for the life
of me figure out who or what.

Many thanks.
-jrk