[TxMt] Keeping TM up to date

Christopher Biagini lists at assortedgeekery.com
Fri Jun 23 01:41:42 UTC 2006

On Jun 22, 2006, at 10:22 AM, Dr. Drang wrote:

> I tried and failed to get the Blogging bundle working on either of
> my two computers yesterday. It's not the failures themselves,
> though, that's prompting my inquiry today, it's that the failures
> were different. Different behavior and different error messages.

I've had my own issues with keeping TM up to date. In my case, it was
the Support folder lagging behind the bundles which caused the
problem. I've been using a quick script to keep my bundles up to
date, and I just added the ability to update the Support folder, too.
I keep it in FastScripts' menu, though it's probably just as useful
as a command in TM. Hopefully, unless I've missed something, it
should now bring a TM install completely up to date, and I can stop
emailing people when I break things.

I posted it online in case anyone else might find it useful: <http://
assortedgeekery.com/code/scriptmenu/textmate/update_bundles>.

--
Christopher Biagini
http://assortedgeekery.com/