[TxMt] MultiMarkdown and LaTex- parse error

A J amy.j.dala at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 08:59:57 UTC 2006

hi,

I am trying to convert Markdown syntax to LaTex, using MultiMarkdown in
TextMate via the Markdown bundle menu, and am getting a parsing error.
With the following  simple Markdown example:

> This is a test.
>
> This is another pp.

..I get exactly what I expect if I use MultiMarkdown (via the bundle
dropdown menu) to convert this text to HTML or to RTF, and everything works
fine.  However, when I try to convert the text above to LaTex (which is my
ultimate goal here), I get the following error:

> -:3: parser error : Extra content at the end of the document
> ^
> unable to parse -

Various little tweaks like adding/removing extra newlines at the end (or
adding a section heading at the beginning) made no difference.
I am new to TextMate/MultiMarkdown -- there may be some step I'm skipping or
something obvious I'm doing wrong?

    thanks,
    Amy