[TxMt] How long must we wait for CVS support?

Mike Stickel mike at screenflicker.com
Sun Jun 18 22:17:16 UTC 2006

This email definitely came on the wrong day. Normally I would leave
it alone but today I can't.

First things first, using Google trends like that for the CVS vs. SVN
comparison, not even close to a good move. Did you realize there is a
major pharmacy retailer called CVS? Did you also realize that the
majority of those searches are for that pharmacy retailer? Maybe a
little research next time.

Secondly, did you even _look_ at the results for the showstopper vs.
textmate search/trend? Showstopper is such a generic term and used so
much in everyday life that _that_ comparison is even _less_
"damaging" than the CVS/SVN comparison.

I've been on this list since 2004 and this is probably the most
antagonistic email thread I've seen in a very long time. This
community that has built up around Textmate is one of contribution.
If something is missing, people help out and contribute to the group.
They don't sit there saying, "well if this doesn't happen you won't
get my money". Who cares?

Earlier someone included a link to the Macromates blog where it was
mentioned that Allan now has sold over 10,000 licenses for Textmate.
Do the math. i don't think money is an issue. There are thousands of
others that don't buy Textmate for various reasons do you think one
more person is going to make Allan cave in to everyone's demands?

A simple "can this be done" email to the list might have gotten the
discussion further along but the way it's been handled so far is only
making more people mad and getting you further from your goal of CVS
integration.

Mike Stickel
Screenflicker Developments | GoNecksGo | ChanceCube
http://screenflicker.com | http://gonecksgo.com | http://chancecube.com