[TxMt] trouble with auto opening latex produced pdf with TeXniscope

Danstan Bagenda xolela at mac.com
Fri Jun 16 09:33:24 UTC 2006

Hello,

I just moved from a powerbook to a macbook (running OSX 1.4.6)  & I
now cannot get Texniscope to auto open the file produced by a latex
compilation.  (this was working with the powerbook).

I have the enviremental variables pointing to Texniscope as before.

My latex compilation log shows the messages below:

"
Output written on ethics_new.pdf (11 pages, 150192 bytes).

ethics_new.log

Found 0 errors, and 16 warnings in 0 runs
2006-06-16 04:26:54.611 open[4049] Couldn't open file: /Users/Xolani/
Documents/ethics_new.pdf  "

running textmate with the defailt viewer works fine.

Just to see if that was the problem, I changed the settings in the
Texniscope preferences to point to
/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/i386-apple-darwin-current

rather the the "powerpc" reference in the default setup to see of
this would help but to no avail. (my tetex is bin is i386)..

Also I should note that typing

  open -a TeXniscope ethics_new.pdf

at the terminal opens the pdf file.

Any assistance would be appreciated.