[TxMt] Odd selection behavior / Word Characters advice?

Brian Tully btully at gstockco.com
Tue Jun 13 19:15:43 UTC 2006

On May 19, 2006, at 4:56 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 19/5/2006, at 21:14, Brian Tully wrote:
>
>> [...] Is there any preference or setting that changes this odd
>> behavior? [...]
>
> No -- TM will select either all word chars or all non-word chars.
> Smarter behavior is however a noted request.

Well, I thought by adding certain characters to TM's Word Characters
preference that I'd be able to cope with the odd selection behavior
when double-clicking on a selection. But truth be told I'm still
having a frustrating experience with TM's selection behavior.

I'm assuming that others are coping much better than me, and that
perhaps they have figured out a "magical" list of word characters to
add to TM's Word Characters preference.

If so, would you be so kind as to post your list?

Maybe we can compile a "greatest hits" until the smarter behavior is
implemented.

many thanks in advance!

regards,
brian