[TxMt] ANN: Nib Hacks of DOOM! Cute Drawer 2 and Drawerlessness

thomas Aylott thomas.42 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 07:37:39 UTC 2006

Just look at the pictures.
All the hacks are available as zips at
http://textmate.svn.subtlegradient.com/Hacked%20Nibs!/

subtleGradient — Hacked TextMate Nibs — cuter drawer 2
more tweaks and all new images for the drawer.

subtleGradient — Hacked TextMate Nibs — Mail Style Inner Files Column
Following Allan's comment on the mailing list. I tried to see if I
could get TextMate functioning without a drawer. AKA, with one of
those Mail.app style inner drawer things. Yep, it works. Kindof.

There are a lot of problems with this method that i can't fix in
interface builder.
* The whole scrolling text view is too wide to fit properly so you
just can't see the right edge of your document.
* There's no shortcut for opening and closing the pane like you can
the drawer.
* If you close the pane by sizing it to 0px wide you lose the info
button.
There are probably way more problems with this, but here it is
anyway. Have fun.

Install the nibs by copying them into
/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/

Install the tab images by copying them into
/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/Resources/

You might want to make some backup
copies of the originals first.

Enjoy!

Email all complaints / suggestions / whatever to:
	subtleGradient.com
	oblivious, at ^

If this messes up your computer or burns your house down,
or kicks your dog, or in any way does anything at all or
doesn't... You are solely responsible for anything and
everything, and I am not. :P

thomas Aylott—subtleGradient