[TxMt] intermittent ruby problems

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Mon Jun 12 05:00:13 UTC 2006

On Jun 11, 2006, at 7:28 PM, Ryan King wrote:

> It's the TODO package.
>
> ~ ryan$ ruby -v
> ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [powerpc-darwin8.6.0]

> And this:
>
> ~ ryan$ ruby -we 'require "erb"'
>
> gives no errors.
>
>> The above message seems to indicate that the script tries to load
>> the erb library but can't find it.
>> When I run "locate erb.rb" from the command line, I get "/usr/lib/
>> ruby/1.8/erb.rb".. What do you get?
>
> I get /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/erb.rb.
>
> My ruby is in /usr/local, not /usr, but that shouldn't cause any
> problems.

The only thing I can think of is to try to change the first line of
the TODO script from:

#!/usr/bin/env ruby

#!/usr/local/bin/ruby

It should not make a difference, but you never know. I guess the
question would be where does /usr/bin/env look for your ruby. Do you
have more than one ruby installed? How did you install ruby?
Does running this command give any errors:
/usr/bin/env ruby -we 'require "erb"'

> -ryan

Haris