[TxMt] terminal emulation/translation problem?

Quinn Comendant quinn at strangecode.com
Fri Jun 9 23:27:05 UTC 2006

I'm not sure if the description describes this problem properly, I'm not
quite sure what's going on. This is not a priority issue for me, just
thought I'd bring it up...

    I created a new text document.
    I typed 'man sed'
    I hit control r.

And the output was something like this:

man sedSED(1)                    BSD General Commands
Manual                   SED(1)

NNAAMMEE
     sseedd -- stream editor

SSYYNNOOPPSSIISS
     sseedd [--EEaann] _c_o_m_m_a_n_d [_f_i_l_e _._._.]
     sseedd [--EEaann] [--ee _c_o_m_m_a_n_d] [--ff
_c_o_m_m_a_n_d___f_i_l_e] [--ii
_e_x_t_e_n_s_i_o_n] [_f_i_l_e _._._.]

DDEESSCCRRIIPPTTIIOONN
     The sseedd utility reads the specified files, or the standard
input if no
     files are specified, modifying the input as specified by a list of com-
     mands.  The input is then written to the standard output.

[...]

I'm not sure if the characters came across in this email the same as
they looked in TM. I'm guessing the control sequences that make bold
text in man pages are coming across as gibberish.

If I do `man sed | mate` in the terminal the outcome is the same.

Any ideas how to deal with this?